A New Zealand boy suffered third-degree burns after his Chinese-made pajamas, a brand recalled for containing 500-900 times the safe levels of formaldehyde, caught fire after he sat near a gas heater.
3-year-old Jack Livingston's jammies, which had already been washed at least 10 times, bore a label proclaiming they had a "low fire danger."
"If we had not been close by in the house, he would have been totally burnt. The pyjama top completely disintegrated, there was no smouldering just flames," said Mr. Livingston.
keyboard shortcuts: V vote up article J next comment K previous comment